Saturday, December 29, 2012

DIY Doily Bowls

If you know me, you know I've always loved all things girly. I also love Pinterest. I spend entirely too much time there. Ever since I first saw pictures of doily bowls on Pinterest I loved them. They remind me of when I was younger somewhere I learned how to make fabric bowls using a mixture of glue and water paste and scrap fabric. These use the same concept so maybe it's a nostalgic thing, I don't know, but I like them.

When brainstorming what I wanted to use in my display for the craft fair I did at the beginning of December I thought it would be perfect to make one for my table. So I decided I would give making one a shot and found this tutorial:http://blog.freepeople.com/2012/09/diy-lace-doily-bowl/.

Here's an in the process shot:


And here's a finished shot: 



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It worked for the craft fair. I'd probably make more of different sizes for the next fair. I learned tons of what I would do for the next craft fair, but that's another story for another time.




No comments:

Post a Comment